Recent years have brought an increase in drones designed specifically for business purposes, such as photography, videography, agriculture, industrial equipment inspection, and surveillance. These types of drones differ from conventional ones in a few important aspects: they have a longer flight time, they’re better equipped and are typically more stable than beginner drones.
When selecting the best products to include in this list, we’ve considered price, features, design, and customer reviews. All of these gadgets are very highly rated and are currently the best commercial drones on the market right now.
5 Best Commercial Drones
|Drone Name||Camera Type||Video Resolution||Flight Time||Remote Control Type||Amazon Rating||Our Rating|
|DJI Phantom 4||HD||4k||30 minutes||Lipo 4S batteries||4.5 stars||4.9 stars|
|MOTA Pro Live-5000||FPV||720p||6 to 7 minutes||4 AA batteries||4 stars||4.8 stars|
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K
|UHD||1080p||25 minutes||2 x 5400mAh 3S LiPo flight batteries||5 stars||4.7 stars|
|Parrot Bebop 2||HD||1080p||25 minutes||2700mAh battery||3.9 stars||4.6 stars|
|Holy Stone F181 RC||HD||720p||7 to 9 minutes||4 AA batteries||4.4 stars||4.5 stars|
5. Holy Stone F181 RC Specs and Features
This drone can be flown both indoors, as well as outdoors. However, it is advisable to avoid flying it in windy conditions as it is quite small. The drone comes with an HD camera that can record videos at 30 frames and has a 720p resolution. It can stay in flight for 7 to 9 minutes, and the device can be controlled over a range of up to 100 meters. The range is dependent on your environment. In some cases, you will only be able to control it over a distance of 50 meters. The transmitter runs on 4 AA batteries. Its original package even includes extra batteries for replacement.
- Has an HD camera with decent video resolution;
- Has a key return and headless mode for easier flying;
- Has an altitude hold function.
- Does not have an FPV camera;
- Takes long to charge the batteries. On average, the batteries take 80 minutes to charge fully.
4. Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Specs and Features
This is one of the best drones for professional use, being able to fly both indoors, as well as outdoors. It has an impressive flight time of up to 25 minutes, and a 3-axis digital stabilization system, which ensures a stable video recording, regardless of the drone’s movements.
- 25 minutes flight time
- Able to shoot full HD 1080P videos and 14Mpx photos
- 3-axis digital stabilization system
- Easy to use
- Price above average
- Does not have an SD card slot
3.Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K Specs and Features
Due to its UHD resolution, this particular drone is an ideal investment for professional photographers. The camera is able to deliver stunning images and capture life in 4k with an exceptional attention to detail. The battery was designed by specialists in electric propulsion and electric aviation, lasting for up to 25 minutes.
- Enhanced zero distortion lens
- Long flight time – up to 25 minutes
- Very stable
- Price higher than average
2. MOTA Pro Live-5000 Specs and Features
This drone combines many exciting features. It offers live video feed through the FPV camera and is also quite easy to operate. Beginners will especially enjoy the automatic takeoff and landing features available in this quadcopter. You simply have to push one button for the UAV to fly or land safely. With the 6 axis gyro, you can expect high levels of stability when the drone is in flight. It has a compact design and is also quite durable.
- Compared to most similar drones, this one is fairly priced;
- Is easy to fly;
- Can be used outdoors;
- Has an FPV camera;
- Is quite fast;
- Has a compact design;
- Is easy to set up for first flight.
- The flight time is short. The battery lasts for about 8 minutes.
1. DJI Phantom 4 Pro Specs and Features
DJI Phantom 4 makes the top of our list due to its impressive capabilities. It is able to reach a speed of 45 miles/hour, the camera has a 1-inch 20MP sensor, capable of filming 4k/60fps videos and Burst mode stills at 14fps.
- Camera with 1-inch 20MP sensor
- 30 minutes maximum flight time
- Smarter return home enables the drone to avoid obstacles as it makes its way back
- ActiveTrack enables the user to track moving subjects
Getting the best commercial drones can be difficult, and that is why we took the time to prepare this list of the 5 best commercial drones. Your choice should be based on the durability of the products, the available features, and your budget. Also, you need to consider the purpose of the quadcopter. For example, if you need a drone for surveillance of business premises, go for one with an HD camera. The devices listed above are great for starting your search for the best commercial drones. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send them in.