A wide range of drones for kids is available on the market today, each serving different recreational purposes. They come in different designs, some with cameras and some without.
The drone cameras also come in different resolutions, and the memory cards in which they store images also vary.
Below you will find a review of the best drones for kids, and each item included will have its features, advantages, and disadvantages highlighted.
The quality of each kids drone will be determined by its camera and video, range, rotors, flight time, charge time, and remote control.
[amazon box=”B01IK37K74,B074FSSZLM,B0108UXWK6,B00SAUAP5C,b016bmbrw0″ items=”5″ template=”table”]
5 Best Drones for Kids Overview
The top 5 drones for kids have their features described below:
9. Holy Stone HS300 RC Quadcopter Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B01IK37K74″ template=”horizontal”]
Suitable for kids over 14, this quadcopter is equipped with a professional HD camera that allows users to take stunning aerial photos.
The drone is very stable and easy to fly, due to the automatic altitude hold, headless mode, and one key return function.
With a reasonable flight time of 10-15 minutes, a strong rotor and 4 extra propeller blades, this model from Holy Stone is one of the best quadcopter for kids interested in aerial footage.
- This kids drone is very stable, even in mildly windy weather;
- The drone comes with 1 transmitter, a 1080p Camera, 4GB TF Memory Card, batteries, USB cables, and everything that is needed for a flawless flight and shootage.
- Several speed modes are available with this model. Kids and beginners should start by using the slower modes.
- The device is only suitable for outdoor use.
8. Holy Stone HS150 Bolt Bee Mini Racing Drone Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B074FSSZLM” template=”horizontal”]
If you are looking for a beginner racing drone, this little flier from Holy Stone is extremely fast, high-quality, and affordable.
Due to the headless mode, even young pilots and beginners can have total control of the device during the flight.
This cute mini quadcopter will delight kids with funny 3D rolling and flips. The device is very durable, so you do not have to worry that your kid will crash it quickly. It is one of the best drones for kids interested in drone racing.
- The drone is very stable, and can be handled easily.
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, although it is funnier outdoors.
- 5 speed modes for both beginner and advanced pilots.
- With a price tag under 100 dollars, this mini racing drone makes the perfect gift for kids over 14.
- The drone does not have the auto take-off and landing functions.
7. Qcopter QCI with HD Camera Specs & Features
The Qcopter QCI is a simple drone with camera, ideal for beginner kids that are over 14 years of age. It has a remote controller to guide the movement of the quadcopter.
Its range is close to 100 feet, and it is propelled by four rotors. With a price below $100, this is one of the most affordable drones for kids.
- The LED lights fitted on the drone make it possible to fly it at night without losing visibility.
- It comes with an extra battery, blade guards, and extra propellers so that, if they break or wear out, you can replace them at no extra cost.
- The 15-minute fly time is one of the best for drones in the market today.
- The camera is not of the highest quality.
- You cannot stream the video footage to your smartphone directly.
You might also like: 9 Best Toy Drones
6. UDI U818A 2.4GHz Quadcopter with Camera Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B0108UXWK6″ template=”horizontal”]
Priced at just below $100, the UDI U818A Quadcopter is one of the best drones for kids that is recommended for beginners.
It weighs 0.35lbs, has a flight time of 9 minutes, and can go as high as 300 feet. The camera is an HD 720p that records the flight of the drone. It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It has a 6-axis gyro, which aids in its stability.
- The design ensures that the propellers are protected, so they don’t break in case the drone crash lands.
- There are two LED lights on the drone to help you determine its front and back, especially where it is barely visible.
- You kid also gets to enjoy the 360º flips that it has been designed to handle.
- The video quality is not very impressive.
5. Holystones F181 Drone Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B00SAUAP5C” template=”horizontal”]
Fifth on this review of the best drones for kids is the Holystones F181 Drone that costs around $100. The drone weighs 1.7lbs, has a range of 320 feet, and a flight time of 9 minutes.
Its ease of control makes this a recommended drone for beginners and intermediate flyers. The Headless Security System in the UAV aids in its stabilization during flight.
- There are protection frames on the propellers to ensure they are not damaged if the drone crashes.
- You kid will be impressed with the 360º flips that go all four directions; forward, backward, left, and right.
- The stabilization system ensures that the drone does not flip out of control when in air.
- It comes with two batteries to give your quadcopter longer flight time.
- The drone is a bit weighty when compared to others.
4. DBPOWER X600C FPV RC Hexacopter Specs & Features
[amazon box=”b016bmbrw0″ template=”horizontal”]
The DBPOWER X600C stands out because of its unique design that comprises 6 rotors. Also, this device is compatible with smartphones and VR headsets to enable you to stream live feed from its camera.
The camera has a 720p HD resolution and has smartphone controls to direct the movement of the quadcopter.
At the price of just below $100, this is one of the best drones for kids with an interest in technology.
- It is VR compatible, hence giving your kid an immersive 3D experience of the view of the drone.
- The 6 propellers give the drone more stability and better control than a standard 4-propeller one.
- At 8 minutes, the battery life is decent to give the drone relatively long flight time.
- The low camera resolution does not give quality images and videos.
You might also like: 11 Best Drones for Beginners
3. SYMA X5C Explorers Quadcopter Drone Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B01CNGT0DG” template=”horizontal”]
The SYMA X5C comes 3rd in this review of the best drones for kids due to its quality and elegant design.
Its flight time is 8 minutes, has a range of 170 feet, and a camera with a resolution of HD 720p to take both videos and images.
The micro SD card into which the images and videos are recorded is interchangeable. At just below $40, this affordable quadcopter is recommended for beginners.
- The drone has flashing lights that help keep track of it at as it flies at night.
- If your propellers are destroyed during a crash, you can buy the cheap replacements that are manufactured by Syma.
- It can fly both indoors and outdoors.
- The producers of the device are market leaders, so you are assured of quality.
- The resolution of the drone camera is not of very high-quality.
2. Parrot Bepob 2 Quadcopter Drone Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B0179JFAW2″ template=”horizontal”]
At number 2 on the list of the best drones for kids is the Parrot Bepob that goes for just below $500. The UAV weighs 1lbs, has a range of 1000 feet, and a camera with a resolution of 1080p.
You can also stream the live images that the quadcopter captures to your smartphone. With Parrot’s free app, you can move the camera independently of your drone in order to capture a specific area that you have in mind.
- The camera resolution is high, giving images and videos of impressive quality.
- You can watch the feed that the drone is capturing by streaming it to your phone.
- At 25 minutes, the flight time of this UAV is the highest in the market.
- The range of 1000 feet is long, enabling the camera to capture distances that are further away.
- The device is costly.
1. DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Drone Specs & Features
[amazon box=”B013U0F6EQ” template=”horizontal”]
At the top of this review of the best drones for kids is the DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter. With a range of over half a mile, a flight time of 25 minutes, and a camera resolution of 2.7 K, this is one of the most impressive drones on the market today.
Only children above 14 who have little experience with quadcopters should use this product, as it requires more attention and control.
- You can stream the live feed of the drone’s images and videos to your smartphone from as high as half a mile and for about 25 minutes.
- Its camera’s high resolution gives high-quality images and videos.
- The automatic GPS flight assistance enables you to direct the gadget to you by simply pressing a button.
- With a price of just above $450, this drone is among the most expensive quadcopters you can find.
When picking the best drone for kids is important to ensure that they enjoy an all-inclusive experience.
The drone camera should have a decent resolution to provide high-quality pictures.
Its range should also be longer to enable the kid to see further, and the flight time should be relatively sufficient.
The DJI Phantom 3 is one such UAV, and that is why it is recommended as the best drones for kids. If you have any questions or comments on the article, feel free to share your thoughts.